Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Importance of Fan Clubs

Another general observation of the chat, there can never be too many fan clubs nor can there ever be too much enthusiasm for a single composer.  The fan clubs, generally abbreviated to FC play an important part in the chat room, it tells everyone who/what you love enough to shout out at every track that is a part of that grouping.

I believe the fan club trend started with Hisaishi and Morricone, both are the most popular fan clubs in the chat and seem to be the core fan clubs that are present throughout. There are random branches that people like to yell out, be it the VGFC or the HZFC, those members tend to just use the FC idea to express their love of a particular artist or genre as is the case for the VGFC which seems to be comprised of one member. The way this goes about is you yell out HFC...or whatever fan club it may be at the given time a track is played.  This lets everyone in the chat know what you like.  I think this is important due to the fact that you can associate with different members who you know like similar scores. Open up suggestions of other composers closely related or tell of the new score of said composer that you recently received.  It is just another tool really to add depth to the chat and give a little more info about people that make the place a more dynamic place to be.

While I noted above which were the original fan clubs, it is still fun to see random people make up random fan clubs.  Most notably to me is the VGFC, I suppose just by writing it here I give it far too much credit.  Just a random fan club started by ClassCE, one which for a while has not taken over the queue so that is good.  But when it gets going, beware of the potentially fatal video game tunes that may come up.  I love many composers, but cannot state that i proudly wear any fan club badge, I like to think I make my opinions clear just by yelling when someone picks a track/composer I enjoy.  Another side note of the FC yell is the Ned and BSG yells. While NED far exceeds many little fan clubs, it only has one score so it has fewer chances.  But it is still popular and always when a track plays from Waking Ned Divine, at least 4 members will yell out his name and even offer up a toast.  Not an official FC, but i would think it comes as close as one can get.  Battlestar Galactica is a smaller offshoot, not as many people yell BSG when it comes up anymore, there use to be a far bigger grouping.  I am among those, but what can I say, I love the music. But still, sometimes, often you will get the occasional yell in appreciation of Bear's music scoring.

Just another facet of a multi layered room, the fan clubs are fun to note and even more interesting to find who likes what. Just another way to let others know where you stand on certain types of music...

1 comments:

Bru said...

LOL "BEAR!" would be me!

Post a Comment