Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Finite Content

Well, as SST does change, it is not always a quick and sudden things, more glacial if I were to compare it to any sort of movement...what am I supposed to keep writing on?  What I see is still the same, silly, serious, nonchalant...how about the art of trying to be different?

How does one manage to stick above the crowds that *sometimes* fill the SST chat box, or even if it is not crowded, there are still quite a few people on the site who are regular.  How do you make out your little niche? I suppose each chat persona is at least a part of the real persona of the person.  It seems to me that those brave enough to even enter the chat take their time to figure things out.  Do I say this, or that?  Do I tell them I like those better than these?  Do I run with where this crazy chat is heading towards?  Am I brave enough to just run with the oddity? How much do I need to kiss to get ahead here?  Nothing against any of you on that site, I just find it humorous how some people choose specific points to emphasize, no one really seems to be the stiff upper lip type, but I suppose to survive long you have to have a sense of humor.  Anyways, why would you frequent a chat box if it reminds you just of the same life you have away from the computer screen?  I suppose when one chooses their screen name, that has a lot to do with it as well.  You choose the name Kellybug, you will be forever associated with bugs, but cute little ones because Kelly is a nice little name. You choose the name Rukia and you decide to be connected to that anime character who likes swords and freezing temperatures.

You choose how to show yourself to the chat box, obviously, so I suppose that is the point...was there a point? How do you pick your level of sillyness?  Or does it just come out without you really meaning it to? I find that others tend to bring it out in me, but I think those others have to either consciously do it or think they need to be that way in order to keep their niche. Do they go outside who they are in real life just to have a place in the chat box just for them?  I'd like to think that none of the regular chatters are in-genuine with who they are, they are just as quirky in real life as well. You have to be a certain type of person to last on SST, maybe that goes with being that certain type who loves soundtracks as well.  Not a large category, but larger than one first thinks...but everything has its limit...

1 comments:

Bru said...

I can't speak for everyone, but I feel comfortable enough in chat to be silly and to be myself. I like to think that most people are the same way.

Post a Comment