Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Uses Of SST

In regards to what people get out of SST, I have touched on that topic a bit with each member posting a then a little more in random general postings, but thought I would establish a single post about what I see people use SST for...

I think the majority of people use SST as a way to escape into a little internet world.  In regards to where a person logs on from (work or home) defines how deep that person needs SST.  Those that come on at work I think see it as a way to get away from the boring work day, while listening to great music along the way of course. They found the site through an interest in soundtrack music and stayed because somehow the company was so enjoyable that SST became a part of their lives.  Of course some leave for long stretches of time...some never come back...but I suppose sometimes real life can get in the way of things. To log on at home I think means you found something more.  You take up your free time and spend it with the online community and in the process become closer to all the regular members.  You find SST to be a more integral part of your life because you would rather be on the site than out conversing with other real life flesh and blood people.  the company is more enjoyable on SST perhaps, I think that is my main reason.  You become hooked, you want to keep up with other people's activities and daily life on the site.  To miss a week may mean a large gap in your knowledge base about these people. But there is no harm in that, obviously, I am not as attached as I once was, but I am online nearly the entire day...

Others, those in lesser numbers and those who do not stay long, use SST for their own gain.  Be it just to peeve other unknown people or take advantage of kindness so rare on the net these days.  No site is perfect, everyone has their issues, the large community base means SST gets more recognition than others sites I think.  Sometimes it is harder to figure out who these malicious people are, why would they take advantage of such a nice place?  Do not ask me, I can only guess. There are those that are too lonely and see the site as a cheap form of therapy or help. I suppose they figure 'friends' are supposed to give advice for free, but there is a line and few do not even care when they cross it.  To use others for this goes against what SST has become...If you assume something from this, take it as you like...

I write what I think I see, if you need to correct me please feel free.  I am just a blogger, what use am I? expose the wrongs and write the rights I hope!

0 comments:

Post a Comment