Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Chat Life

Not a member posting, just a general observation of the chat life dynamic.

You could say that a chat room is like a family, at least the sort on SST where only a certain type of individual find their way to the site.  I'll say that the SST chat is my online family, as cheezy or weird as that may be. As with every family, you have a wide variety of character...those you can stand and those you cant are the broadest categories to place the members in.  Needless to say, most members I can tolerate, the few I can't I try not to let bother me.

I have never been in a chat room quite like that on SST, everyone seems to be very close somehow.  I was intimidated at first to start chatting, took me a few weeks after I joined to say hello.  But I am glad I did.  I know of no where else where the people are so friendly, funny, random and entertaining.  A few words can bring about random silly acts, last night we remembered 'Talk Like A Pirate Day' where we set sail on the virtual high seas! No where else could I continually make a member laugh every time I misspell something, POASTE!!! (She has a running list now of my silly mistakes)

I have had the most fun in an evening, just hanging out on that site. People have set up their reputations, how they enter/leave the site, how they say hello to others, how they will react and act to different things.  Sit there long enough and you cant help but see patterns and create ideas of these people...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I've been a member of SST since 2003. I remember the first time I posted. I was so afraid I'd be flamed, but Maddy welcomed me first, and after that Petey and everyone else. I had found a bevy of new friends. :)

So many great conversations: pirates, LOTR, personal things, questions and problems from all walks of life. Chat is a continual inspiration to me and a warm haven when I'm feeling the pressures of the world.

Bru

Post a Comment