Friday, January 15, 2010

Unexpected Love

 Well, some may know, I will hit that quarter century mark this Sunday and as a kind thoughtful, UNEXPECTED gesture, friends off of SST sent me a gift!  i know this is sort of off the whole 'observation' theme, but I think i can connect it...if you permit...

Receiving something from an online friend is a way, I think, to become closer to that friend.  The internet can only do so much, I think we all know this. It is funny too how when you seem to be a little down, those online friends are able to cheer you up with their silly antics, their virtual hugs or just lending an eye to read about your issues.  A long running joke at night in regards to me has been my enormous stuffed animal collect, virtual of course.  i use to throw them at Levi as I left, then i gave one to Kelly when she went to bed, I always had to come up with a new animal to send off!  It was fun, another one of those chat quirks that just make you closer with those who live so far from you. My 'favorite' animal soon became squiddy, the giant stuffed squid, original name yes i know...I'd drag him off to bed or offer him to Kelly if she wanted. I do not remember how it became him, just that somehow we got to talking about weird sea creatures and of course squids came up! Needless to say, it was a fun little thing and now I have my own real squiddy!  We had found this great website that has a ton of animals, basically every animal you can think of this site has it.  Levi, Bru and Kelly pitched in together to buy me the Squid :) how sweet is that?  it was so unexpected and so thoughtful.  It made me so happy when I opened the mysterious box! I think this observation proves that friends you make online are as good as real ones, if not better. I will forever cherish my squiddy and smile thinking on my friends I have that remembered.

I also had to make a further note about Rukia!  I know i had mentioned briefly her keeping a list, but yes, here it is officially.  If you are ever in the need to recount all the words i have misspelled (or at least those she remembers) Rukia is now keeping a running list!  They are called Jadeism, hah, and though its embarrassing to misspell, i was doing it a lot on my laptop, so i think i deserve the jest at least. I am ever thankful for spell checkers on Google Chrome and Firefox!! It is funny though when one of them catches on, like poaste. Shows that even little things can bring out a laugh and it is perfectly alright to laugh at yourself over silly mistakes in chat.

Also, had to share a poem of Sock's creation, our resident Shakespeare!


sockenfussel: so fierce a dragon never seen as levi the unyielding,
                        young maidens scream when he arrives.
                          His secret I'm a-shielding,
                    true bards have said of dragon folk
                      "beware his poisonous sting"
                   but I take cover from the world
                      beneath his guardian wing

..Sorry for the bad spacing, but there it is, hello random posting!

1 comments:

Sockenfussel said...

Sorry can't resist commenting. That squiddy-thing is sooo cool. That's what I call a decent birthday present, cause it may not be much, but the folks thought it about it, and it's a special gift just for you. Yeah it's a dream gift so to say, if someone guesses a wish you yourself didn't know you had. Err I'd love to see the site, where they got it from, pleeeeeeease... Cause I, as 50% scientist (the othe 50% are creative chaos ;) ) can recommend this site for microbe-plushies and related stuff ;): http://www.giantmicrobes.com/
And thx for posting my poem :)

Post a Comment