Monday, January 4, 2010

Nessy: Our beloved German Sheep

I was only going to do one a day, but I am bored, so no one keeps track I am sure...

The next member is our dear Nessy, a good friend I have made who lives in beloved Deutschland.  I have even been schooling in a city right south of her, but alas I did not know it at the time.  Observations only go so far, but you can tell a lot about someone who likes to share it all.  Nessy can be described as a sweet girl who lets too many things get to her.  She has been through a lot through this past year, nothing is trivial.  I can say this for sure, she is young and has a lot yet to learn.  She use to often make her entrance in to chat with all the angry emoticons she could muster, and it was becoming common place for others to think she was always mad or upset about something every day.  When she first entered the site, she was very sensitive about what people addressed her as and what could be said. Now she has matured a bit, her english is a lot better and I think her year at SST has helped her grow. 

I love the girl dearly, I hope that she will learn more as she goes to University next year.  Trivial things are not worth the worry, many of the chatters have tried to help Nessy with that, I think she is slowly catching on. Nessy has her strong opinions about which actors she likes, which shows she loves and she does like to obsess over them as often as possible.  You can catch her giggling now in chat, I am much more happy for that than her upset smilies. 

Can one truly grow by knowing people online?  I think so, Nessy is a good example of that. I said it above, she has grown a lot since she has been on the site.  I see her opening up more, becoming more comfortable meeting new people and more willing to take chances.  Her trip to the USA this coming summer is a great example of that.   Have i said too much?

Observation 1, never be afraid to tell the entire chat room whats going on, someone somewhere will care.
Observation 2, even that person who thinks they are most logical, has their illogical moments.
Observation 3, being the friendly little fluffy animal helps make online friends quick!

...i swear this is the last one today

0 comments:

Post a Comment